Travis Kalanick was born on August 6, 1976, in Los Angeles, United States. This American entrepreneur is known for his successful venture of Uber, an online mobile application devised to enable freelance drivers to come in contact with riders for effective transportation service. This rich and successful businessman is not only happy in his business career, in fact, he also has a fairly happy family life. He spent his early childhood in the Northridge suburb of California. Travis was highly interested in the computer when he was younger, and he opted for computer engineering later from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Later, he dropped out of university to start his start-up in 1998.
Parents of Travis Kalanick:
He was born to Bonnie Renée Horowitz Bloom, a former ‘Los Angeles Daily News’ employee, and Donald Edward Kalanick. Bonnie. Donald died in a boating accident on May 26, 2017. He was brought up in the suburbs of Los Angeles along with two half-sisters and a brother. His brother, Cody, is working as a firefighter.
Relationships in the past:
Currently 44 years of age, it’s assumed that Travis Kalanick would have been married and settled. Contrastingly, he never got married and is quite single at present. Travis has had two relationships in the past that probably did not work out for the best. He got into a relationship with Angie You and Gabi Holzwarth. The relationships looked long-lasting but the couple couldn’t make it till marriage.
Fun Facts about the Travis and Family:
Travis Kalanick keeps his personal life relatively private; yet, these are some of the fun facts about Travis Kalanick and his family.
- Kalanick was rather heartless when it came to working. According to the authorities investigating Scour, the company would hand out copies of Sun Tzu’s The Art of War to learn from the lessons taught in the book. Furthermore, he would also call struggling colleagues names from the loser characters of Ayn Rand novels.
- He had so many rises and falls during his career that he had to move back to his parent’s house.
- He was fond of reading Ayn Rand novels
- His brother, Cody, is a firefighter currently serving the country
- Travis’ mother died in a boat accident on May 26, 2017
- He learned the art of the deal at a very young age. Before high school, he was able to peddle knives door-to-door
- Kalanick’s girlfriend, Gabi Holzwarth, is a famous violinist